Prometheus, the second most popular project at the CNCF, has a large and growing ecosystem. If you're a developer looking to get some quick graphs from your application, it's not always clear where to start. At first, it can seem like a daunting task, but by following some simple examples, you can get up and running in no time. In this webinar, Brian Brazil, author of “Prometheus Up and Running” and long time developer of Prometheus will walk you through the basic steps to get started instrumenting applications with Prometheus.
You will learn:
- How to analyze your service to find the most useful places to add metrics
- How to add the necessary instrumentation
- How to expose and scrape metrics
- How to use basic queries to use those metrics on graphs
- Aaron Newcomb, Director of Product Marketing, Sysdig
- Brian Brazil, core Prometheus developer and founder of Robust Perception